Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Roland Meyer
Head of the Institute of Theoretical Computer Science
|Phone:||+49 (0)531 391 9524 (9522)|
|Fax:||+49 (0)531 391 9529|
|Office:||IZ 346, i.e. Informatikzentrum, 3rd floor, office 346,|
|Mühlenpfordtstr. 23, D-38106 Braunschweig|
|Mail:||Institut für Theoretische Informatik|
Research InterestsAutomata, concurrency theory, games, and semantics with applications to verification and synthesis. Interest in programming languages, embedded systems, and replication. Click here for more information.
Selected ContributionsDepth boundedness in reconfigurable systems (pdf), computability of downward closures for Petri net languages (pdf), robustness against relaxed memory models (algorithmic principle and locality of TSO), summaries for context-free games (pdf), regular separability of well-structured transition systems, polynomial translation from (collapsible) pushdown parity games to (collapsible) pushdown safety games.
- List of publications, DBLP.
- Our lecture notes cover various topics in automata theory, logic, complexity, and verification. We would be happy to hear your feedback.
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Current Postdocs: Prakash Saivasan (PhD CMI).
- Former Postdocs: Emanuele D'Osualdo (DPhil Oxford), Georg Zetzsche (Dr. rer. nat. Kaiserslautern).
- Current PhD Students: Peter Chini, Florian Furbach, Reiner Hüchting, Sebastian Muskalla, Elisabeth Neumann, Sebastian Schweizer, Sebastian Wolff.
- Former PhD Students: Dr.-Ing. Georgel Calin, Dr.-Ing. Egor Derevenetc, Dr. rer. nat. Georg Zetzsche.
- GI-Jahrestagung 2019 Track: Sicherheit, Zuverlässigkeit, Korrektheit.
- CONCUR 2017 28th International Conference on Concurrency Theory.
- ACSD 2015 15th International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design.
- D-CON 2012 Kaiserslautern.
- Dagstuhl Graduate Schools Workshop 2008.
- 2019: ACSD, FORTE, GI, NETYS, PN, TACAS.
- 2018: ACSD, CONCUR, VECoS.
- 2017: ACSD, ATVA, CONCUR, FoSSaCS, MFCS, TMPA.
- 2016: ACSD, MEMICS, NETYS, TACAS.
- 2015: ACSD, CONCUR, FSTTCS, SKILL.
- 2014: ACSD, TACAS.
- 2013: ACSD.
- 2012: ACSD, Infinity, YR-CONCUR.
- 2011: ACSD, YR-CONCUR.
- 2010: ACSD.
- D-CON 2017 Paderborn.
- MEMICS 2016 Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science.
- UPMARC 2016 8th Summer School on Multicore Computing.
- CCDP 2015 The Chemistry of Concurrent and Distributed Programming.
- MM 2015 UPMARC Workshop on Memory Models.
- Infinity 2014 16th International Workshop on Verification of Infinite-State Systems.
- Beste Lehre im Bachelorstudium SoSe 2015.
- Nomination as Professor of the Year 2015 in UNICUM BERUF.
- Best paper award at ACSD 2014.
- Preis des Dekans 2013.
- Beste Lehre im Bachelorstudium SoSe 2013.
- Best paper award at ACSD 2012.
- Best paper award at ETAPS 2012, awarded from EAPLS.
- Nomination for the best dissertation award of the GI.
- Gerhard-Wachsmann-Preis 2009.
- PhD scholarship of the German Science Foundation.
- Aalto University (02-03 and 07-10/2016).
- University of Oxford (02-03/2015).
- University of Uppsala (11/2011, 09-10/2012).
- University of Newcastle (11-12/2007, 04/2008).
- Member of TUBS.digital.
- Member of the PhD committee (TU Braunschweig).
- Former member of the Fachbereichsrat (TU Kaiserslautern).
- Former head of the PhD committee (TU Kaiserslautern).
- Former member of the MSc committee (TU Kaiserslautern).
Curriculum VitaeSince October 2016, I am Professor at TU Braunschweig and Head of the Institute of Theoretical Computer Science (W3). From November 2014 to September 2016, I held the Chair of Concurrency Theory at TU Kaiserslautern (W2). I was an Assistant Professor in Kaiserslautern from July 2010 to October 2014 (W1). Previously, I did a postdoc in LIAFA, University Paris 7, from March 2009 to June 2010. In February 2009, I obtained my PhD from the University of Oldenburg. From October 2001 to September 2005, I studied Computer Science and Mathematics in Oldenburg. Before, I did military service, received my Abitur from Gymnasium Westerstede, and was born in February 1981.
I am married to Katrin Lambertus-Meyer.
My ha-index is 81.