Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Roland Meyer
Head of the Institute of Theoretical Computer Science
|Phone:||+49 (0)531 391 9524 (9522)|
|Fax:||+49 (0)531 391 9529|
|Office:||IZ 346, i.e. Informatikzentrum, 3rd floor, office 346,|
|Mühlenpfordtstr. 23, D-38106 Braunschweig|
|Mail:||Institut für Theoretische Informatik|
Research InterestsVerification and synthesis with a focus on theoretical aspects, in particular automata theory, concurrency theory, games, and semantics. Interest in programming languages, embedded systems, and replication. Click here for more information.
- Depth boundedness in reconfigurable systems (pdf).
- Computability of downward closures for Petri net languages (pdf).
- Robustness against relaxed memory models (algorithmic principle and locality of TSO).
- Pointer race freedom (pdf).
- Regular separability of well-structured transition systems (pdf).
- Polynomial translation from (collapsible) pushdown parity games to (collapsible) pushdown safety games (pdf).
- Effective denotational semantics for games (first-order and higher-order).
- List of publications, DBLP.
- Our lecture notes cover various topics in automata theory, logic, complexity, and verification. We would be happy to hear your feedback.
Postdocs and PhD Students
- Current Postdocs: Prakash Saivasan (PhD CMI).
- Former Postdocs: Emanuele D'Osualdo (DPhil Oxford), Georg Zetzsche (Dr. rer. nat. Kaiserslautern).
- Current PhD Students: Mike Becker, Peter Chini, Florian Furbach, Reiner Hüchting, Sebastian Muskalla, Elisabeth Neumann, Sebastian Schweizer, Sebastian Wolff.
- Former PhD Students: Dr.-Ing. Georgel Calin, Dr.-Ing. Egor Derevenetc, Dr. rer. nat. Georg Zetzsche.
- GI-Jahrestagung 2019 Track: Sicherheit, Zuverlässigkeit, Korrektheit.
- CONCUR 2017 28th International Conference on Concurrency Theory.
- ACSD 2015 15th International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design.
- D-CON 2012 Kaiserslautern.
- Dagstuhl Graduate Schools Workshop 2008.
- 2020: ESOP.
- 2019: ACSD, APLAS, FORTE, GI, MFCS, NETYS, PN, TACAS, VECoS.
- 2018: ACSD, CONCUR, VECoS.
- 2017: ACSD, ATVA, CONCUR, FoSSaCS, MFCS, TMPA.
- 2016: ACSD, MEMICS, NETYS, TACAS.
- 2015: ACSD, CONCUR, FSTTCS, SKILL.
- 2014: ACSD, TACAS.
- 2013: ACSD.
- 2012: ACSD, Infinity, YR-CONCUR.
- 2011: ACSD, YR-CONCUR.
- 2010: ACSD.
- D-CON 2017 Paderborn.
- MEMICS 2016 Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science.
- UPMARC 2016 8th Summer School on Multicore Computing.
- CCDP 2015 The Chemistry of Concurrent and Distributed Programming.
- MM 2015 UPMARC Workshop on Memory Models.
- Infinity 2014 16th International Workshop on Verification of Infinite-State Systems.
- Beste Lehre im Bachelorstudium SoSe 2015.
- Nomination as Professor of the Year 2015 in UNICUM BERUF.
- Best paper award at ACSD 2014.
- Preis des Dekans 2013.
- Beste Lehre im Bachelorstudium SoSe 2013.
- Best paper award at ACSD 2012.
- Best paper award at ETAPS 2012, awarded from EAPLS.
- Nomination for the best dissertation award of the GI.
- Gerhard-Wachsmann-Preis 2009.
- PhD scholarship of the German Science Foundation.
- Aalto University (02-03 and 07-10/2016).
- University of Oxford (02-03/2015).
- University of Uppsala (11/2011, 09-10/2012).
- University of Newcastle (11-12/2007, 04/2008).
- Member of TUBS.digital.
- Member of the PhD committee (TU Braunschweig).
- Former member of the Fachbereichsrat (TU Kaiserslautern).
- Former head of the PhD committee (TU Kaiserslautern).
- Former member of the MSc committee (TU Kaiserslautern).
Curriculum VitaeSince October 2016, I am Professor at TU Braunschweig and Head of the Institute of Theoretical Computer Science (W3). From November 2014 to September 2016, I held the Chair of Concurrency Theory at TU Kaiserslautern (W2). I was an Assistant Professor in Kaiserslautern from July 2010 to October 2014 (W1). Previously, I did a postdoc in LIAFA, University Paris 7, from March 2009 to June 2010. In February 2009, I obtained my PhD from the University of Oldenburg. From October 2001 to September 2005, I studied Computer Science and Mathematics in Oldenburg. Before, I did military service, received my Abitur from Gymnasium Westerstede, and was born in February 1981.
I am married to Katrin Lambertus-Meyer.
My ha-index is 81.